steam loco 58 201 DR Digital Sound

New
Item no.:  HN9061S
steam loco 58 201 DR Digital Sound - Image 1
former RRP 2) : 459,90 (incl. VAT)
So you save at our shop:10 %45,99
413,91
incl. VAT and excl. shipping
not suitable under 14 years

Time to next shipment:
Total amount: {{ totalPrice }}
pieces
currently not available
This item notice Article is noted
Availability: (Delivery time: )
  • Description
Brand
Arnold
product type
steam loco
technical & model details
power supply Direct current DC
gauge TT gauge
motor yes
flywheel yes
couplers Plug-in pocket, short coupling mechanism, TT couplers
light 2-light peak signal, changing with direction of travel
running number 58 1800-0
Length 154
scale 1:120
Age notice not suitable under 14 years.
digital & sound
digital plug NEM 662 18-pin Next 18
factory fitted Digital Sound
country
Germany DR
era (continental)
era III

Model: TT gauge DC. Steam locomotive 58 201 of the DR. Frame, locomotive boiler, tender chassis and housing made of die-cast metal. Powerful five-pole motor with a flywheel in the locomotive boiler. All wheel sets with the finest spokes, some with fine wheel flanges for a prototypical appearance. Three locomotive wheel sets and the middle tender wheel set are sprung for optimal driving characteristics. All lamps are illuminated depending on the direction of travel and can be switched in digital mode. Many extra details, where possible made of robust steel wire. The driver's cab interior as well as the front of the tender have been extensively detailed. Close coupling between locomotive and tender. Minimum radius: 310 mm.

Prototype: The first steam locomotives of the later series 58.10-40 were built in 1917 as the Prussian G 12 in the Henschel works. By 1924, almost 1,500 examples had been built by various locomotive factories for the Prussian, Baden, Württemberg and Saxon railways. The approx. 1,550 hp locomotives formed the backbone of heavy goods traffic until the mid-1930s.

After the Second World War, steam locomotives from the 58 series were found in both German states. In the area of ??the Deutsche Bundesbahn, these locomotives could be dispensed with very quickly and they were decommissioned by the end of the 1950s. The Deutsche Reichsbahn, on the other hand, was dependent on their service for a long time. Some specimens underwent a makeover in the 1960s, but they were still used in their original design until the mid-1970s. Especially the Bw Aue/Sachs became known. through the last operations of the 58 series in 1976.
Arnold was founded in 1906 in Nuremberg by the managing director of the same name, Karl Arnold. The company was mainly known for producing tin toys in N gauge. During the Second World War, many of the production facilities in Nuremberg were destroyed.

In 1997, the Arnold company was taken over by the Italian competitor Rivarossi. This was followed in 2004 by the acquisition of shares in Rivarossi by Hornby PLC. acquired shares in Rivarossi and thus, among other things, the Arnold brand name and the moulds. The development of the models has always taken place in England, Italy, Spain and Germany.