Item no.: ESU-31122
|technical & model details|
|couplers||NEM 362 Kupplungsaufnahme, KKK, Bügelkupplungen|
|light||3-Licht Spitzensignal & 2 Schlusslichter, mit Fahrtrichtung wechselnd|
|running number||E94 035|
|Age notice||nicht geeignet unter 14 Jahren|
|digital & sound|
|factory fitted Digital Sound|
ESU now places a monument in H0 because of its six-axis design, often referred to as German crocodiles because of its articulated three-piece design. The ESU model has a finely detailed metal housing and also made of metal stems. Numerous separate parts made of metal and plastic bring the mighty impression of the model over in the model. On the metal chassis, the epochengerechtchten differences between the locomotives of course. The different number of sandboxes, the reproduction of wooden and metal steps on the roof and of course the design of the lamps are striking. It goes without saying that the lamps are free-standing. The filigree pantographs can be individually raised and lowered remotely from the control center. Separate switching lights (single lamp on both sides) and a cab lighting can be switched separately. A highlight of the epoch IV locomotive are the original retrofit lamps retrofitted by the DB in the direction of travel to the right at the outer ends of the middle frame part, which can be switched separately. The locomotive is also equipped with sensors for situational noise in bends and in switch roads, a LokSound V4.0 M4 decoder with two loudspeakers and an energy storage device that ensures safe operation even on soiled rails or long routes. Thanks to RailCom Plus® functionality, the locomotive automatically logs on to suitable control centers (eg ESU ECoS). The proven in other ESU locomotives universal electronics for conversion to three-wire alternating current with Steckschleifer and universal wheelsets can also be found in the E94. Of course, the LokSound decoder brings the original E94 sound to the ears. In order to leave enough room for the loudspeaker and its sound capsule, a compact bell-armed motor with flywheel mass is inserted into each bogie and drives two axles each. Four traction tires ensure that the locomotive also puts its power on the rails. For perfect power take-off, the center axles are sprung. Housing and chassis made of metal, small parts made of brass and plastic separately attached, Freestanding handlebars and lanterns, spring buffer, sliding block standard shaft NEM 362, Motor-supported lifting and lowering of pantographs, Two bell-armature motors with flywheel, Four axles powered by cardan and worm gear, four Adhesive rings, universal electronics, white / red light changes, cab lighting, maneuvering lights, control by ESU-LokSound V4.0 M4, decoder with high-quality loudspeaker, turnout and curve sensors, "PowerPack" storage capacitor for uninterruptible power supply, length over buffer 213.8 mm, Minimum radius 360 mm.
Delivery: Locomotive in representative packaging, spare parts package with traction tires and spare parts (windshield wipers, steps, etc.), Extensive documentation with model information.
The powerful electric locomotives of the E94 series were developed by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) as a stronger and faster successor to the E93. The delivery did not begin until 1940, at the time of the Second World War. Since the E94 as a war-important series (KEL 2) was not subject to a delivery stop, created by the end of the war 146 copies of the 3300 kW strong and 90 km / h fast six-axle. Already starting from 1946 one built already finished machines finished and the DB put up to 1956 further 49 locomotives into service. The last 23 locomotives had an output of 4680 kW, were approved from 1968 for 100 km / h and were due to the striking technical differences as sub-series E94.2 (later 194.5) out. 44 locomotives remained in Austria, rolled there as a series 1020 and were heavily rebuilt by the ÖBB in the 1960s. Most of the remained in the field of Soviet occupation zone E94 were driven to the Soviet Union and only in 1952 returned to the DR. The se had 23 copies worked up and used them mainly in heavy freight service, but also again and again before heavy express trains. The domain of the DB-E94 (later 194) was also the heavy goods traffic, but the heavy locomotives were biased as Füllleistungen also commuter trains, which occasionally consisted of only two Umbauwagenpärchen, the locomotive was therefore heavier, than the car set. The DB renounced from 1985 on their crocodiles, while the DR trusted until 1990 and the ÖBB even to 1995 the reliable locomotive. 15 E94 and 18 copies of the 1020 were preserved, some of which are not only operational today, but for private railways are almost daily in the tough freight use.